Monday, February 10, 2014

Zone Conference and High School

Today we are in Palermo. We did a good game of Soccer. We pretty much had the whole Zone here and after Zonelord Zito needs to talk with the missionaries here in Palermo about the work and other issues. 

So this week was good ol’ fashioned Zone Conference. It was a good time had by all. The theme of the conference was revelation and how to get said revelation. This is the Lord’s work and we should let him to some of it. This week was also chaos as always. We went to Agrigento for a scambio and then I came back to Sciacca with another companion. English Course and finding and all that fun stuff that we do every week, but with a new companion! I came in with him. His name is Stout.





Oh! Highlight of my week...karaoke night in Sciacca. We are few in number but that doesn’t stop them from belting out Siciliano songs and drinking coca cola like there is no tomorrow. They seriously love Karaoke here. Zito just shakes his head and says "Southern Italians." But I myself think it is soo funny. Everybody dances around and claps and sings at the top of their lungs even when it’s not your turn. Chaos.

It’s getting pretty hot in Sciacca... Jacket Season should be over soon. 

The man Marco (who came to church and bore a testimony) pretty much taught us the Plan of Salvation when we passed by his store on Scambio. He doesn’t even know about the Book of Mormon but seriously just explained in full detail the plan of salvation. That was pretty rad. He is prepared. We need to go to his house this week.

Umm... Sorry if this letter is super scatter brained. I forgot my planner and all my stuff because we played soccer so I am just kinda wingin’ some of the things on my mind. 

Random responses to letters and what have you:

The thing about Zito’s cooking is he makes different stuff every day. Also, most of the stuff he uses I have never seen in the Land of the Brave. However... The other day I cooked him an AMERICAN FEAST. Complete with steaks (with all the fixins I got for XMAS), mashed potatoes and the like. I think he enjoyed… At least I enjoyed it!

WINTER OLYMPICS! My favorite events are super pipe, alpine snowboarding, moguls, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating, decathlon, hockey... Pretty much anything but curling. Sadly though...I have been waiting for the Olympics but... Nobody here in Sicily seems to know they are going on!! Nobody is watching them or caring about them! Winter Olympics are my favorite too! I was hoping people would be talking about them but...nothing...

Yeah the Caltanissetta thing is not ever a big deal. There really is nothing in missionary houses to rob. I would actually like somebody to break into our apartment... Just a couple a boxes of pasta and pass along cards... Maybe some shampoo, but I think we are out of that too.

Yeah that is my new suit and tie. Ties in Italy are only 3 euros. Fashion is seriously super duper cheap. I bought a whole bunch of white shirts for 2.50 apiece. Good quality. Super slim fit. It’s nice.

At Zone Conference I got the Package from Kris and the Scarf and Wellington the Aristocrat from Ty! Thanks so much Kris for the Fast Break Bars! THEY ARE MY FAVORITE. I am saving them for a good day.

OH! This week we got invited to come teach English at the local high school. Little did we know it was pretty much an all-girls high school... It was the weirdest experience ever. WE went around to all the classrooms and gave little presentations in English about America... I was the only American though. So I answered questions and pretty much just got paraded around like some zoo animal while Italian girls just giggles and laughed and blushed when I would ask them questions.

Needless to say it was a very interesting experience but everybody loved us! Maybe too much... We are hoping some of these kids will come out to English course or go on mormon.org!

Here is a quick pic to document the occasion. (I am sad and tagless in this pic because we had to take of our suit coats.)


Anziano Kelley. Over and out.