Monday, May 12, 2014

Last Letter from Sciacca

Hey listen. I know I talked with you guys yesterday but I think I could write down a few thoughts today. Today I am feeling very sentimental, leaving Sciacca, at my year mark, and just given the circumstances. I am sad to leave to Sciacca. It has been the hardest, most frustrating 5 months. I gave 110%, was obedient every single day, and tried my very best in every aspect to try to help the city but...not much happened. I can say with everything in me that this has been the hardest I have ever worked in my life. I feel super bad because I was never able to teach the Restoration Lesson here in Sciacca as well. As hard as I tried. But here in Sciacca I have had a lot of time to ponder and time to grow.

I have honestly felt like I have learned so much here in Sciacca, and Messina for that matter. The two cities were pretty similar given the circumstances. I have taken a lot of time to study and to pray to figure out why Sciacca and why Messina during that super hard time in the ward itself. I have learned a lot, personally and from others. Looking back on the last year of my life, there has not been a whole lot of success despite my efforts. In these circumstances I have learned a lot about who I am, who God is, who Jesus Christ is, and I've seen a ton of growth in myself.

I have been able to meet a lot of special people and learned from their examples and their choices. I am still learning. Looking forward to the next year of my mission I am very optimistic. I know that no matter what the circumstances are I will be put in situations to hopefully help others come closer to Christ and to continue growing personally. 
I am excited to go to Lecce. I don’t know what to expect but I know that it’s all going to be good.

Love you guys.

Ciao. Ciao.