Monday, May 26, 2014

Lots of Potential

Well… When I first got to Lecce there were 0 investigators. I don’t really know why. But! This week we have done a ton of contacting and now have a few people to teach and a lot of contacts! So I am very, very excited about that.

Haha... Okay I do have to say this really quickly. So my companion loves comic books, star wars, etc. And so did his last companion. So the three potentials they did have all worked at the comic book shop or were super into Star Wars, Pokemon, etc! It has been super funny running into these old investigators/friends that the last Anziani have made. But! They did see some success out of it and I am convinced they were meant to serve together. They reactivated 2 people that are super, super into comic books and World of Warcraft. Haha. Classic. 

Our one new investigator is actually the ex-step father of one of the kids that they reactivated. I am super excited for him because he is trying to repair relationships that he broke in the past with his kids. Should be a good thing!

This week we have Zone Conference and here are some questions from Mom.

How is life in the apartment with four Elders? Crowded? Fun? Strange?
Yes. Yes. And Yes. So my Companion and another one are actually pretty calm. Actually the other two are very calm as well. Actually now that I think about it I am the only wild one in the house. But! It is crowded and impossible to keep clean. So nobody really does keep things clean sadly. I do pride myself in being the cleanest person in the house though!

Who are the other Elders you live with?
Elder Ben Burton from Olympus High School and Canden Peterson from Singapore. He spent the last 7 years of his life in Singapore. He is like a 6 foot 4 super blonde haired blued kid so I don’t know how he ended up in Singapore but all the facts check out that he did in fact live in Singapore a lot of his life.

How do you arrange cooking? Where do you contact?
Well. Sadly everybody just kind of does their own thing. However! This week I convinced everybody that we should each take a turn cooking lunch for all the other people in the house. Which mean 4 meals I have to cook and 3 meals I get to taste the other people’s food. Elder Peterson’s food is very good. Asian. 

We do contacting mostly in the streets around Centro (which is the old part of the city). All of the streets just around Centro are full of people and usually the tourists stay inside Centro. So it tends to work out pretty nicely. We have started to lay down a big sheet and draw on it with chalk things like Plan of Salvation, English Course stuff, or anything else while the other person talks with people. That works pretty well and if the Police Man gets mad you just have to pick up your sheet and leave. Works pretty nice actually.

Do you have a ward or branch?
It is a branch of about 30 people. I really like the branch here.

Thanks for everything! Ciao Ciao Ciao!