Monday, October 27, 2014

Goin' to Rome!

I got transferred. That is to say I am being transferred this week to Rome 3. I will be the Zone Leader there. I don’t think I am this Zone Leader material but the Lord does. I am excited to see Rome. Rome 3 in the center of Rome by the Vatican and Coliseum and stuff like that. That should be pretty cool.

How was Otranto? Pictures?
I am going to try to send a few! It was a really cool city. We ate an expensive fancy meal at a fancy restaurant with the money we had put away. It was really cool. We took our roller blades down there and cruised around the whole town. It was super cool. There are quite a few famous things there. A huge mosaic floor and the bones of 800 martyrs. I really liked that town.



With Elders Maxwell and Bahme.
What was the best thing you ate this week?
The meal in Otranto. It was a 5 course meal. All sea food caught locally. 

What was church like yesterday?
Not many people showed up. I would have thought after summer ended people would start coming back but it seems kind of the opposite. It was my last Sunday so I was able to say goodbye to all of the members. It was good. I have really enjoyed my time here in Lecce. I really liked it. The branch is trying to organize a branch activity for me on Wednesday to go bowling but I think that I will be transferred by then. I am also sad that I will miss the Halloween party that we have been planning. Well... I guess that is life though. 

This week has been a little rough. We did mostly street contacting. We were able to meet with Jimmy McFoy though. He is really cool. He is now trying to quit smoking but he has quite a few problems that he is going to have to overcome.

Well that is about all. Next week I will email from Rome. My new companion is named Anziano Budd. I believe that is his name? Never met him before.