Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Created by Aliens?

Who was the most interesting person you talked to this week?
We met a man who had a very strong belief that we are all created by aliens but at the same time believed that the aliens were created by God. In the end the aliens govern us, however, we can all be saved if we talk with God. He also believed that Mormons were of the devil (assuming now that he believes in devils) and that their whole purpose was to destroy the family. Classic. Meet these kind of people every day. He was classic. He was trying to carry this huge dresser up a flight of stairs (he being about 4 feet tall) so we offered to help him.

What was church like yesterday?
It was a normal day of church for the most part. Nothing really interesting. Oh! The other Anziani had a baptism this week so they confirmed them in Sacrament meeting. They had been stressing about that all week long because they didn’t speak Italian very well and had to give the blessing in Italian. They did a good job.

What was your best experience this week?
This week we had a meeting for all of the Zone Leaders. President is a good teacher and he talked about how Zone Leaders need to be confident in receiving revelation for their zones and what not. This week we also had a combined Zone Conference with Napoli and I was able to see Anziano Lewis. I served with him in Lecce. He is such a champ. I really love him a lot. He gave his dying testimony and I was super happy to be there for it. He is such a goofball. Awesome missionary too. I also was able to hear Anziano Zito’s death testimony. So I saw 2 companions.



What was your miracle of the week?
I think my miracle of the week would be the Christmas party that we had. There was little to no planning on anybody’s part (the missionaries were not a part of the committee), however the party actually went pretty well. Lots of people showed up, maybe about 70, and there were a lot of good things to eat. I also dominated in Ping Pong if anybody is wondering. We had a lot of non-members come and it was pretty fun. I also wore my Christmas sweater.




Me and Michael, the arch angel.