Monday, June 30, 2014

New Companion

This week I have continued my study on love and charity. I am reading the whole Book of Mormon all the way through looking for references that talk about either of them. It’s crazy! Everything single page has something to teach us. Easily one of the best studies that I have done on my mission. I usually read about 30 minutes of the Book of Mormon a day looking for stuff like that. 

We also did a fun Helping Hands activity! We went to an old folks’ home (The Retirement Castle I called it) and we sang them songs, told them jokes and were friends with them. I personally sang "Somewhere beyond the Sea." I think that it was a success. We had quite a few members come! It’s the old folks home where one of our members works. 

I was super proud of our new convert member, Kevin, this week. He is 13 years old and all of his friends invited him to go the beach. But...he decided to come to church instead! (Haha... This week in church we had about 40% of the people who normally come because it was super hot all week and everybody went to the beach. It is the last week of June... I can’t imagine what is going to happen during the months of July and August. We will see. Also Kevin paid his tithing this week. His father gave him 3 euros for a Kebab… So I helped him fill out his slip for 30 cents. Good kid.

Anziano Peterson is gone. Transferred. We now have Anz Kennedy. His father is American. Mother is Italian. He has lived here all his life and speaks both languages perfectly. He also has a very nice clear accent from Tuscany which is refreshing. He is a really good guy. I like him.

This week we have continued our quest for new investigators. We have tried all our techniques. As we come into the summer there are less and less people on the streets every day and more and more people on the busses headed to the beach about 20 minutes away. Sadly, last week we were planning on going to the beach but Anz Lewis had some indigestion problems and we could not go... 

This week we also found a Napoli Pizzeria that is really good right near the house! Maybe one of the best finds of the week. 3 bucks a pizza (usually Napoli Pizzas are 5 bucks or so). But we have gotten a few of those this week. 

We are continuing to work with our members and less actives. They are doing well.

Ciao ciao ciao!