Monday, June 23, 2014

Working Hard in the Heat

This week we are trying to go to the beach near Lecce. We have never gone out there before so we don’t have all that much time to email today but this week we worked very, very hard.

We had planned to do Chalk Finding this week 3 times! But every single time that we planned to do it rained super hard! That is super strange because it is super sunny all day long and very hot. But for some very when we planned to do Chalk it didn’t work. We ended up knocking houses instead.

This week we met with a man named Giuseppe. He is a super nice guy... But... I am a little skeptical of his motives for meeting with us. His girlfriend (who recently dumped him) is a faithful member of our branch and whenever we go over to his house he always shares scriptures that have the word Grazia (Grace in English) in it which also happens to be his girlfriend name. He also keeps pictures of her in his Book of Mormon. She wants nothing to do with him. He is a super nice guys though and is really trying to get closer to God, so we will see what happens with him!

I personally I really lost as to what to do here in Lecce. We are visiting all of our members regularly and we do finding for at least 8 hours every day... But it’s really hard for me and Anziano Lewis to find investigators? It’s a little frustrating because the other Elders in this city are pulling in tons of new contacts every day... but.... they are not the most obedient and or hard-working of missionaries, which is the hard thing for me. In any case. I am doing my best. And for that I am happy. I don’t have to compare my efforts to anybody but myself.

We got transfer calls today. The one guy in our house got the boot and a new one is coming named Anziano Kennedy! He is super rad. His parents are American but he is raised in Italy. It’s the best of both worlds.

Well... Got to go.