Monday, June 16, 2014

World Cup and Saving a Cat

WORLD CUP! WOOT WOOT! The city is on fire right and I am super excited for it! Today I actually made a huge bracket and chart with all the teams on the wall of our house. I made an agreement with the new convert boy in our branch Kevin that I would call him every night to see if he read the scriptures and he would tell me the scores. Italy played at midnight the other day and the city seriously exploded! It’s gonna be crazy when they actually play at a good time of the day and in a Semi Final match. Lots of cars honking horns and hooligans running around the streets.

Our new bunk beds.
My world cup bracket.
Well. I have had world cup on my mind all day. It is on in every shop window and bar in town.

This week we had two lesson with the new convert Kevin. He needs a little help. The summer has started and he just plays video games all day. We have been trying to get him to do activities and stuff outside. We will see what he does. He did go to the beach this week with his friends though which made me happy. We are also the Young Men’s Presidents for the Branch so we have thought of some good activities we could do with the boys and their friends these upcoming weeks to get them out in the fresh air. Wednesday Night from 6:30 to 8:30. We have 4 boys in the branch.

This week I also was able to save a kitten from a tree. It took about an hour and a crowd of people, a couple cans of cat food, and a few old, Italian Women yelling at me to get it out. But! We got it out and we were able to give it to a nice crazy cat lady we lived on the street. She opened up her garage and it was filled with about 20 cats (that I could see that is). This story probably didn’t make all that much sense but just know it was noteworthy enough to make it in my letter home.

We are working super hard and doing our best to find people! The summer is coming and it is getting very hot and everybody seems to be headed to their beach homes.