Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving and Miracles

What did you do for Thanksgiving?
Well we moved around old furniture in the church Thursday morning because the church got a shipment of new furniture and we had to move all the old stuff into a pile. For lunch I cooked up 2 small chickens and made some mashed potatoes and veggies. My companion made us some gravy and it was actually a pretty good meal. That was really all the happened. Not really anything cool.

Thanksgiving
How is the work going for you and Anziano Budd? Tell us about your investigators.
All of our investigators are people that him and his previous companion found expect for Timmy who we met my first week here (She is Chinese and the referral of a member). All of the people we are teaching are referrals from members. We have Fabrizio (He is married to a member who wants to be baptized with his sons, Emanuele and Claudio, but they need to keep some commitments) We have Salvatore who is 75 and he is awesome. He is the friend of a member who heard about Family History work. Then we have Carlos who is essentially the only nonmember in his family but has recently taken interest because of hard stuff in his life. It’s pretty good. There are a lot of members to work with.

What are your assignments as a Zone leader and how many missionaries are in your Zone?
We have like 20 missionaries or so. Elder and Sisters. Essentially all I really do is take numbers from them and then they call us about problems they have and all we do is pass the word up to the assistants. Not really that much but we also do exchanges with the other missionaries. 

What was your miracle of the week?
I have never seen so many miracles than I have with Anziano Budd. Literally. There are a million things every single day. Things seriously just happen all day long with people that we meet, people calling us, and in like every lesson Anziano Budd always has the investigators crying because of the spirit. This week he received revelation to literally just cut snowflakes for the lesson with this one member and it brought him to tears. I... I just don’t have that kind of spirituality to do this kind of stuff. I am trying my best but I just haven’t ever reached that kind of level as a missionary. I am doing my best. I really am. I just get kind of frustrated because I have no clue how to do missionary work. I just feel like if I am not doing something the way my companions do it, it is probably wrong. Which, based on my experiences, is probably true--haha. Well, I am doing my best to do my part though. I am terrified that if Anziano Budd leaves next transfer our work is going to crash just like what happened in Sciacca when Anziano Zito left. Well... let’s hope not. In the meanwhile I will do what I can.


President gave us permission to go paint balling for P-Day last week.

Today for P-Day we got a hook up from our friend, Berny, the nun in the Vatican. She hooked us up again with one of her friends to get us in free. We did a small tour and we got to go behind the scenes to see a little bit about the life inside the Vatican for a nun.
These motorcycles are the motorcycles of the Swiss guards. They are pretty sweet.