Monday, November 24, 2014

Miracles & Frustrations

What was coolest thing you saw this week?
Well... I saw a lot of cool stuff this week. Every day we walk near this huge Roman Aqueduct (they are everywhere but the one we walk by is like 60 feet tall and miles long.. broken up in parts but super long). While walking by it I saw there was a small piece that had broken off and I was tempted to take it as a trophy. But I didn’t. I am sure if I did nobody would care considering there are ruins everywhere and they literally have kids playing on top of them but I feel more honest this way.

I saw a grown man cry in a lesson with him this week. I got to go in the countryside to where bishop lives. Lots of beautiful churches and buildings and stuff like that.

What was the best thing you ate this week?
At the bishop’s house they invited 3 families over to eat after church (classic Italian meal that lasts for hours and has like a million different courses). I had some sausage that was grilled on the bishop’s BBQ by one of investigators that was really good. That was a really fun day as well.

What was the hardest thing you did this week?
We had an activity in church this week where a nutritionist came and spoke. It was all really hard Italian and my Italian is not the best...still kind of frustrated about that... but for the whole night I had no clue what was going on, even after the activity talking with people and it made me sad. I don’t know why but the language is still super hard and I haven’t quite caught on how to learn it.

What was your miracle of the week?
We did a lesson with an African man who is a High Priest form Nigeria. He has been living here for like 2 years but he is like most immigrants--they are always bouncing around from place to place. In the lesson he expressed how much he misses the church but is scared to come back and scared he has offended God. It’s kind of cool how we all can have the same fears and regrets whether we are an investigator, member, or high priest and how repentance is there for everybody. Swag.

Any plans for Thanksgiving?
Listen, I have been trying to plan a big thanksgiving feast for District Meeting this week. I don’t know why but this district is less than enthused about doing one. Not really sure why. In any case I will cook a small chicken and mashed potatoes for myself if nobody else does. Oh! This is cool. We asked for permission to do a Zone Activity of paintballing and surprisingly enough President approved it. I think he is just so used to me asking for permission to do stupid stuff that he eventually gave in this time. So today for P-day we are getting everybody together on the North side to go paintballing. Pretty sweet.

Well.