Monday, January 12, 2015

Runs, Scuffles and Splits

How was New Year’s and your run? Did you get the exposure you hoped for? 
The New Year’s run was awesome! I ran about 58 minutes. I was actually surprised at how well I did. I did not win. There were people that ran the 10k in like 28 minutes. Pretty crazy. It was fun handing out some pass along cards and what not along the way. Super beautiful run as well!

What was the hardest thing you did this week? 
We have been trying to meet with this one investigator for 4 weeks now... But this week he gave us 3 dropped appointments. It made me sad. But...it happens I guess. We have a lot of other people we can pass by in the meantime, but he actually has potential to progress. 

Who was the most interesting person you talked to this week? 
Well this wasn’t this week but last week I got into a little scuffle with a Gypsy kid. He got onto the metro and immediately all his Gyspy friends started making a distraction to steal stuff. This happens all the time so people don’t really pay attention, but this one kid start putting his hands all over my bag and coat trying to rip stuff off and it took everything in me to stay calm. We just pushed him away and gave him a stink eye. The thing about those Gypsy kids is if you push them they will bite you and scratch you and spit on you. There are lots of anziani he have had blood drawn from them.

What was your miracle of the week?
I went a scambio this week with Anziano Zito and Anziano Eads. I was with Anziano Eads. They did not really have anything for us to do while we were there, but me and Anziano Eads found a really awesome family and another man that they can start teaching. I hope they do something about them because they really were pretty awesome!

This is a pic of Bernie, the Book Store nun.