Monday, April 20, 2015

Beautiful New Area

Is there a reason you were transferred?
I got transferred because I told President I wanted to work hard my last transfer. So he sent me to this little tiny city to shape it up. I am really happy to be back in a small city. I have missed serving in branches. The missionaries are kings. The surrounding area is super beautiful. Koby Bryant and the former Steve jobs have their yachts parked to the north of us. The water and beaches here are incredible. The people are super funny and speak like nothing I have heard before (Not like Italian at all, or French.). The people are all farmers or boat workers. There are a million sheep on the island as well. We can see Corsica from the north part of our area. It is a fun little town though. The branch is very small and it is going to take some hard work to get it moving but I am ready.

Tell us about travel to your new area.
The city we are in is small and it feels a lot like California. Modern. Palm trees. Beaches and what not. There is not a lot of old here (unlike Sicily or Rome). There are old walls and towers everywhere though.

What are your impressions of Sardenia?
The people are funny. They speak strange and the dialect is unreal. They are more closed and cold than normal. The island is super green and the beaches are awesome. We are actually going hiking today to a place called Golfo Aranci. Should be really cool. 

Describe the area where you live and work.
The church is literally next door to the house which makes things really nice. The branch is about 7-10 people. More elderly people. We are going to baptize some young people though. There are a lot of youth here in the city. 

Which was your favorite conference talk and why?
We didn’t get to watch all that much of conference and the session we did see was in Italian so it was a little hard to follow. I want to reread the conference talks. I will get back to you on this question in a couple of weeks. 

Yesterday I also got to meet on old investigator. His father lives here and he came here to visit his dad. I got a referral out of him that we are going to pass by soon. I am really excited to work. I was sad to leave Rome though. There were a lot of good friends there. I will go back for my last Sunday though.

I also did 2 baptismal interviews for two women in Sassari. They are super cool. One is 16 and was found through English course. Super cool.