Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mission Conference with Elder Bednar

Hey guys! I am doing really well here in Olbia. For the past 3.5 days we were in Rome for a big conference with all of the missionaries in our mission. It was chaos but the conference part was really instructive. Elder Bednar came and gave us a training about many different things. It was interesting because he didn’t come with a prepared theme. He just asked us questions and we asked him questions. We talked for about 30 minutes about the use of technology in our mission but mostly we talked about life. It was really good. Elder Teixera the Area President came, as well as the head of the missionary department. I think this new technology thing will be a big change in how we do missionary work. It was really fun to have this as my last zone conference. 

We are working with a lot with kids here in Olbia. This week we were introduced to 3, 20ish-year old kids who want to learn more by their 16-year old friend. I love working with kids because they are way more open to learning and they are really curious. But it’s hard to find kids because they think they are to cool most of the time or are scared of us. But I love teaching kids. Sometimes I don’t understand why they are afraid us when we are usually younger than them or the same age and have literally the same interests. Patience I guess. They will get their chance. 

We also met this man who is part of group of people who searches for truth in all religions, especially manifestations of Melchizedek. They believe that Christ is the savior and the prophet of prophets. The guy we met loved the Book of Mormon and I am excited to teach him more about the Priesthood. 

I love Oblia. It is a cute little town. I love the cheeses here as well.

Well that about it for me this week!