Monday, May 4, 2015

Duke

Hey guys! I just emailed a few days ago so this email might be a little shorter. Today we went to a beautiful little island called La Maddalena. It is in our area just to the north and just south of Corsica. It was really cool. We went hiking along the coastline of the island. The water was soo blue! The island is also very, very laid back. There used to be a branch of the church on that island when it was an American military base. There is an Anziano in our mission who was baptized there. But the Americans closed it and the branch got consolidated into Olbia. I believe we have a few less actives there. It was an awesome P-Day. This area is an absolute playground. Soo many tourists!

This week we found a family and were able to teach them a lesson. They called us actually to get lessons. It turns out one of the 8,500 pass along cards I have given out this transfer actually worked! They are awesome. Mom, dad, 26-year-old son, 22-year-old daughter, and a 16-year-old daughter. It was a good first lesson as well. I hope we can see them again soon. I want to do service at their home. It was destroyed in a flood that happened here about 1.5 years ago.

The branch here is great. Small, small. They do their best. One of the most incredible men I have ever met is here. His name is Duke Tanner. He served a mission in Korea and owns a Bed and Breakfast on Costa Smeralda. He is awesome. Right now he is working to put his life in order so he can be baptized. It takes a lot of humility to do what he is doing. We go do service for him once a week and help him out. His B and B is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. His parents live in Utah and his brothers live in Salt Lake City. He really makes me feel like I’ve done something as a missionary.

As things are winding down I can't help but wonder if I helped anybody these last two years and not just stopped 10,000 people on the street and annoyed them. Duke gives me hope for missionary work here. He will be so clutch for this branch.

Well that's about it for me this week. I will see y'all Sunday at 4. My time. Ciao.